At GreenerGotham.com, Adam Aston tracks how New York City — its economy, people, & places — are changing in response to climate changes, energy anxiety and rising environmental concern. His interests include renewable and conventional energy, efficiency, electric cars, transportation, electric cars and bicycling, green buildings and urban design, fresh water and waste water, food and urban farming issues, trash and recycling, politics and policy, and what other green cities are up to. Find here also some thoughts on my experience as a novice novice beekeeper and, following the re-legalization of beekeeping in the city, the rebirth hive keepers in the City.
- Newly Un-Flooded New York Subway Still Looking Pretty Horrible – Commute – The Atlantic Cities
- Honeybee Swarms Increase in N.Y.C. After Mild Spring – NYTimes.com
- Eating on a Green Roof: New York’s Buildings Provide Food, Habitat for Wildlife – ecomagination
- Mitch Waxman, Tour Guide to Decay – NYTimes.com
- Bloomberg Offers $5 Million Prize for City Innovation – Arts & Lifestyle – The Atlantic Cities
Tagsbicycles bicycling birds Bronx River carbon capture CCS climate change climate change Copenhagen court density events fish green biz green buildings green lease hong kong LEDs migration MTA PlaNYC police pollution re-wilding sandy species restoration split incentive Stern sustainability time's up transporation alternatives violence wind